Monday, August 23, 2010

Flora Graffiti

Well, I finally made it into the studio this past weekend and my Flora Graffiti piece is the result.

The art I typically create is very logical, structured and precise. I think this comes from my career as a software engineer. However, lately I've been inspired to stretch myself to learn a little more about how to create my favorite style of art - abstract graffiti.

In this piece, I started with a blank canvas (white cotton) and I painted an abstract nature scene. It's hard to tell from the picture but there is an assortment of abstract leaves and grasses within the piece. the flowers were added with paint, fabric markers, and water soluble wax pastels.

I love the final result and it was great fun to explore this style of art which is so different from my usual work!

2 comments:

  1. Sehr schön, auch in den Farben

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you used for this, the back ground makes the purple flowers pop ! I was trying to figure out about how big it is , I too have used paint for fabric ,I like the jauqard textile paints .I have used it in a couple of my landscape quilts .you do wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete