Sunday, February 6, 2011

One project brings to mind another. The Sketchbook Challenge was "most prized" as a theme, so when I thought about sky, I began thinking about when something is most prized- and it's when you can't have it, maybe. Certainly that's the basis for No Sky, Inside. Last time I was inspired to depict homelessness, this time imprisonment. I sense a social issues theme. It also includes portraiture, in a way, which is a satisfying aspect to much of my work. So here it is, commercial cottons, longarm quilting. I look forward to "Letter". Our California Fiber Artists current group show is "Text and Texture" so I've been thinking about letters too.
By the way, check out our show (see my blog)
Phyllis

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous and quite thought provoking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well conceived and put together. Thanks for this unique take on the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful. A very strong and evocative piece, Phyllis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a moving, thoughtful piece.

    ReplyDelete